Petmate Airline Cargo Crate Small
Petmate Airline Crate - Small
Traveling with your dog, cat or other animal? Whether by air or ground, you will need to protect them at all times. Petmate’s Sky Kennel® is one of the highest quality, secure and durable crates available in the market today. Perfect for cargo airline travel, each crate features a heavy duty plastic shell, durable wire doors that interlock for added security, wire ventilation windows to promote healthy air flow and plastic wing-nuts that won’t corrode for durable, tool-free assembly. Sky Kennels meet the requirements for airline travel and come with “LIVE ANIMALS” imprinted directly the exterior for added awareness. The Sky Kennel is eco-friendly and comes in a variety of sizes.
This crate is airline compliant for traveling in the cargo hold. It can also be used at home for training and in the car for safe travel.
This crate measures 21" (53.34 cm) long by 16" (40.64 cm) wide by 15" (38.10 cm) high.
Sizing: this crate is appropriate for pets not more than 16" (40.6 cm) long by 12" (30.5 cm) wide by 12.5" (31.8 cm) high. (10.5" (26.7 cm) high for international travel.) Refer to the INSTRUCTIONS below for how to measure your pet. Refer to our CRATE SIZING CHART if you need a different size pet crate.
Some of the benefits of this crate are:
- Strong and durable with superior ventilation on all sides
- Spring lock door with iron check pin for security
- Superior ventilation on all sides
- Easy assembly - no tools required
- Ergonomic edges and handle for easy handling
- Convex base for drainage
The crate does not include a pet carrier pad however, one can be added to your crate order at a special $2.00 discount. Pet crate accessories sold separately are available for all sizes of crates:
- Crate Hardware - for extra security of metal hardware instead of plastic fasteners. Please check ADD HARDWARE to your crate order (above) Many airlines are now requiring that pet crates be secured with metal hardware. We strongly suggest that you consider adding this option to your crate order.
- Crate Pet Pads- recommended for long trips. Please check Add Pooch Pads or Self Warming pads to your crate order (above) $2.00 Off regular price!
- Crate Accessory Kits - includes hardware, cable ties, live animal stickers and more
- Larger Crate Bowls - non-spill and larger than standard food/water bowls included in our crates
- Crate Water Bottle - even more capacity for hydration on longer trips
- Pet Passport Pouch - keep your pet's documentation attached to your crate safely and securely
- Update Your Pet Crate Kit - already have a pet airline crate? Get the accessories you need and build your own crate kit
**NOTE: Airlines such as United, Northwest, Delta, and Horizon Air require hardware (steel nuts and bolts) instead of plastic locking fasteners. Please check ADD HARDWARE to your crate order (above) if you need the metal hardware to satisfy your airline requirements.
British Airways will not accept this size pet crate in cargo. You will need a larger pet crate if you are traveling with British Airways.
Is this crate not the right size for your pet? Find other sizes of airline pet crates.
A= length of animal from nose to root of tail
B = height from ground to elbow joint
C = width across shoulders
D = height of animal in standing position (top of head for pets with non-erect ears - from tip of ears for
pets with erect ears)
The length of the kennel must be equal to A + 1/2 B (domestic flights) A+B (International flights)
The width of the kennel must be equal to Cx2 (domestic flights) (C+1 in) x 2 (international flights)
The height of the kennel (top flat or arched) must be equal to D (domestic flights) D+3 in (international flights).
***ADHERES TO ALL NEW IATA REQUIREMENTS FOR LIVE ANIMAL CARGO TRANSPORT***
Find Similar Products by Category
Great Cargo Carrier
Posted by Roger on 27th Nov 2014
Nice product. Met all expectations. Just the perfect size for a cat or small dog.
Excellent crate at a very good price
Posted by Peter Harrold on 12th Mar 2014
Our puppy has taken to this crate immediately and it is very strong indeed. It is also very good value at the price -- which was important as our dog will outgrow it after a few more months. So I recommend it highly, especially with the upgraded metal bolts.
I would also note the excellent, instant service I got hen I had to get back to them about a related item, which was resolved instantly and to my full satisfaction.