Petmate Airline Cargo Crate Medium
|Expected release date is 30th May 2017|
Pet Crate - Medium
Limited time only -FREE pouch with purchase to protect your pet's documents.
Petmate Sky Kennels - IATA compliant. Classic design. Safe for both auto and airline travel.
This crate is appropriate for pets measuring as follows:
- Length from tip of nose to BASE of tail + half of length of front leg is equal to or less than 23" (58.4 cm)
- Width across shoulders x 2 is equal to or less than 16" (40.6 cm)
- Height from top of head (or tips of ears if erect) to ground is equal to or less than 18.5" (47 cm)
Click here for more instructions on HOW TO MEASURE YOUR PET.
Exterior Dimensions: 28"L x 20.5"W x 21.5"H
Weight: 10.25 pounds
Included with crate: heavy duty plastic locking fasteners as well as Live Animal stickers and water/food bowl (shipped separately).
Refer to our CRATE SIZING CHART if you need a different size pet crate.
- Fully IATA compliant
- Strong and durable with superior ventilation on all sides
- Spring lock door with iron check pin for security
- Superior ventilation on all sides
- Easy assembly - no tools required
- Ergonomic edges for easy handling
- Available in dark gray
The crate does not include a pet carrier pad, however, you can add one to your order at a $4.00 discount. Pet crate accessories sold separately are available for all sizes of crates:
- Crate Hardware - for extra security of metal hardware instead of plastic fasteners. Please check ADD HARDWARE to your crate order (above)
- Crate Pet Pads- recommended for long trips - add a PoochPad or a Self Warming pad to your order for a $4.00 discount
- Crate Accessory Kits - includes hardware, cable ties, live animal stickers and more (Note: Not needed if you are purchasing a new crate)
- Larger Crate Bowls - non-spill bowls offer more capacity than stock food/water bowls included in our crates
- Crate Water Bottle - even more capacity for hydration on longer trips
- Pet Passport Pouch - keep your pet's documentation attached to your crate safely and securely - FREE WITH PURCHASE! Select color above.
**NOTE: Airlines such as United, Northwest, Delta, and Horizon Air require hardware (steel nuts and bolts) instead of plastic locking fasteners. Please check ADD HARDWARE to your crate order (above) if you need the metal hardware to satisfy your airline requirements.
*****ADHERES TO ALL IATA REQUIREMENTS FOR LIVE ANIMAL TRANSPORT*****
Is this crate not the right size for your pet? Find other pet crates
Sturdy and easily passed airline requirements
Posted by Unknown on 1st Jan 2017
Really sturdy crate that comes ready to be used for pet air travel. This crate got my cat safely from Hawai`i to California. I was really happy with the design.
My only complaint, and the only reason I gave it four stars instead of five, is that they don't include the metal hardware - you have to buy the metal hardware separately. Why make such a sturdy crate and then include plastic hardware? For the price you pay and this product being the go-to for passing airline requirements (of which metal hardware is one requirement), the metal hardware should be included.
Safe airplane travel
Posted by Pat Peoples on 2nd Sep 2015
Had to ship my niece's cat from Florida to Kansas. Researched all sorts of carriers and airline regulations and this crate met all requirements. Travel day came and "Heather" loved her temporary home and arrived safe and sound at her new home -- this crate was absolutely the best!
Good product, better service
Posted by Mel on 5th Mar 2015
This is more a review for the website/company. I ordered two of these crates to take my cats to Europe with me. One of the crates arrived with minor damage (due to shipping I'm sure). I contacted Pet Travel Store right away and the very next business day I received a response with a solution to my problem. I also got a little confused with ordering the passport and medical info kits, and that was fixed promptly as well. I am very happy with the service provided and will contine to shop here for my pets' travel needs.
Nice looking, high quality crate
Posted by Randy Ryan on 28th Apr 2014
Easy to put together, looks very sturdy. Should get Scooter to Australia without any problem.