Pet Crate - Medium
Limited time only - with the purchase of the medium Petmate pet crate, you save $12.00 and get a FREE pouch to protect your pet's documents. The pouch easily attaches to your pet's crate or you can tape to the top of the crate.
Traveling with your pet? Whether by car or in the air, Petmate’s Sky Kennel® pet crate is one of the highest quality, secure and durable crates on the market today. It is IATA-compliant making it perfect for domestic and international airline travel. Each crate features a heavy duty plastic shell, durable wire doors that interlock for added security, wire ventilation windows to promote healthy air flow and plastic wing-nuts that won’t corrode for durable, tool-free assembly. Sky Kennels meet the requirements for airline travel and come with “LIVE ANIMALS” imprinted directly the exterior for added awareness. The Sky Kennel is eco-friendly and comes in a variety of sizes.
This crate is airline compliant for traveling in the cargo hold. It can also be used at home for training and in the car for safe travel.
This crate measures 28" (71.12 cm) long by 20.5" (52.07 cm) wide by 21.5" (54.86 cm) high.
Click here for instructions on HOW TO MEASURE YOUR PET.
This crate is appropriate for pets not more than:
Length A + 1/2B
|Width C*2||Height D|
Sizing: this crate is appropriate for pets not measuring more than 23" (58.4 cm) long (A + 1/2B) by 16" (40.6 cm) wide (C*2) by 18.5" (47 cm) high (D).
Refer to our CRATE SIZING CHART if you need a different size pet crate.
Some of the benefits of this crate are:
- Fully IATA compliant
- Strong and durable with superior ventilation on all sides
- Spring lock door with iron check pin for security
- Superior ventilation on all sides
- Easy assembly - no tools required
- Ergonomic edges and handle for easy handling
- Convex base for drainage
The crate does not include a pet carrier pad. Pet crate accessories sold separately are available for all sizes of crates:
- Crate Hardware - for extra security of metal hardware instead of plastic fasteners. Please check ADD HARDWARE to your crate order (above) Many large airlines are now requiring that crates be secured by hardware. We strongly suggest you consider adding this option to your crate.
- Crate Pet Pads- recommended for long trips - you can add a PoochPad or a Self Warming pad sized for a medium crate at a $2.00 discount by selecting the option above
- Crate Accessory Kits - includes hardware, cable ties, live animal stickers and more
- Larger Crate Bowls - non-spill and larger than standard food/water bowls included in our crates
- Crate Water Bottle - even more capacity for hydration on longer trips
- Pet Passport Pouch - keep your pet's documentation attached to your crate safely and securely - FREE WITH PURCHASE - Select color above
**NOTE: Airlines such as United, Northwest, Delta, and Horizon Air require hardware (steel nuts and bolts) instead of plastic locking fasteners. Please check ADD HARDWARE to your crate order (above) if you need the metal hardware to satisfy your airline requirements.
Is this crate not the right size for your pet? Find other sizes of airline pet crates.
******ADHERES TO ALL IATA REQUIREMENTS FOR LIVE ANIMAL TRANSPORT******
Sturdy and easily passed airline requirements
Posted by Unknown on 1st Jan 2017
Really sturdy crate that comes ready to be used for pet air travel. This crate got my cat safely from Hawai`i to California. I was really happy with the design.
My only complaint, and the only reason I gave it four stars instead of five, is that they don't include the metal hardware - you have to buy the metal hardware separately. Why make such a sturdy crate and then include plastic hardware? For the price you pay and this product being the go-to for passing airline requirements (of which metal hardware is one requirement), the metal hardware should be included.
Safe airplane travel
Posted by Pat Peoples on 2nd Sep 2015
Had to ship my niece's cat from Florida to Kansas. Researched all sorts of carriers and airline regulations and this crate met all requirements. Travel day came and "Heather" loved her temporary home and arrived safe and sound at her new home -- this crate was absolutely the best!
Good product, better service
Posted by Mel on 5th Mar 2015
This is more a review for the website/company. I ordered two of these crates to take my cats to Europe with me. One of the crates arrived with minor damage (due to shipping I'm sure). I contacted Pet Travel Store right away and the very next business day I received a response with a solution to my problem. I also got a little confused with ordering the passport and medical info kits, and that was fixed promptly as well. I am very happy with the service provided and will contine to shop here for my pets' travel needs.
Nice looking, high quality crate
Posted by Randy Ryan on 28th Apr 2014
Easy to put together, looks very sturdy. Should get Scooter to Australia without any problem.