NEW! Datamars Microchip Scanner - Compact Max
This is the North American model of this scanner. It can be used worldwide and reads all microchips listed below.
The best of Datamars reading technology in a reduced size and a rechargeable battery!
Thanks to its peripheral antenna, the COMPACT MAX features top-of-range reading distances in a case small enough to fit in your pocket!
The scanner is also exceptionally versatile, being able to read FDX-B (ISO), FDX-A/FECAVA, Trovan and Avid encrypted microchips. Its water resistant housing also makes it the ideal scanner to use in any condition. COMPACT MAX has great ergonomics and a very intuitive icon based, graphic interface which makes it the easiest reader to use on the market.
Here are some features of this great universal scanner:
- Best-in-class reading performances
- Extremely easy to use
- Slim and elegant design
- Pocket size, lightweight
- Long lasting, rechargeable, lithium battery Bright color display
- Reads any companion animal chip
- Dimensions: 6.29” x 3.14” x 0.78”
- Weight: 6 ounces
- Operating Temperature: +23°F to +131°F 95% RH, non-condensing
- Operating Temperature: (while battery is charging) +41°F to +113°F 95% RH, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to +149°F 95% RH, non-condensing
- Power Supply Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Frequency Reads 125 kHz, 128 kHz and 134.2 kHz
- Cable and wall-mount charger included
- Read Distance FDX-B (134.2 kHz) 4.72” | FDX-A / FECAVA (125 kHz) 2.76” | Trovan (128 kHz) 1.18” | Avid Encrypted (125 kHz) 2.76”
- Housing White ABS
- Certifications CE, FCC
- Compliance ISO 11784/5 (FDX-B)
PetTravelStore has always made my travel so much easier and more stress free and that's huge for me! This year we traveled to Spain and I rented a scanner again which even though I wasn't asked to prove Sophie's identity during the trip, it was a relief that I was prepared to do so. One less worry
Great product. I use it for my work and it never lets me down!
It is not terribly sensitive to the 125KHz chips on my dogs but bit does pick the chip up. Some of the less expensive scanners do not recognize the 125KHz chip. I need to have the scanner for ID for my dogs when I trial them.
This reader came very fast after ordering. I love the compact size . perfect for my use.
The scanner was easy to use and set up.
I bought the DATAMARS Microchip Scanner Compact Max for it’s ability to read BOTH 9-digit Avid encrypted microchips and European 15-digit, ISO compliant non encrypted chips. Having lived in different countries with different microchip requirements, my dogs and cats have both Avid and the 15-digit chips implanted. This scanner reads them both. Having your own scanner is a very simple way to have peace of mind knowing that EU entry ports will be able to verify your pet’s chips in the event that their readers don’t.