This package contains information and detailed step by step instructions on transporting your dog or cat to Northern Ireland from any country. If your pet is not traveling to Northern Ireland, then you can select the country your pet is traveling to by clicking here.
Carefully following these instructions will make clearing customs easier and quicker. The instructions will also help to avoid having your pet denied entry, put into quarantine or returned to your country of origin.
The Pet Passport Store has been a trusted and reliable source of information and products for traveling pet owners for over 14 years. The information we provide in our passports is always the most current and accurate available. We have done the research for you.
What you get with your Northern Ireland Pet Passport
- Detailed instructions on importing your dog, cat or ferret to Northern Ireland from any country
- Instructions on completing the EU health certificate for Northern Ireland
- Required Vaccinations
- Rabies Titer Test Instructions
- Approved Titer Test Laboratories
- Microchip Information
- Banned Dog Breeds
- Puppy and Kitten Import
- Inoculation Record Instructions
- Carrier and Crate Requirements
- Tips on Flying a Pet Internationally
- FREE unlimited email support both for you and your veterinarian, should either of you have any questions
Also included at no additional cost are forms for bringing your pet to Northern Ireland:
- Non-Commercial or Commercial EU Certificates for Northern Ireland
- Sample Completed Health Certificate
- Parasite Treatment Record
- Declaration of Non-Commercial Transport
- Microchip Certificate
- Airline Health Certificate
- Inoculation Certificate - keep your pet's vaccinations in one place for easy customs clearance
- Pet Passport Folder - (Free with First Class Mail Delivery Options above) Click Here to View
NOTE: Unaccompanied pets not traveling with or within 5 days of their owners or designated representative or transports that number more than five pets will travel under commercial regulations. Pets can only be imported to Northern Ireland from certain countries under commercial regulations. You can find the list of approved countries here.
Further Requirements for bringing your pet to Northern Ireland
ISO Pet Microchip - Required before rabies vaccination
Microchip Scanner - Recommended if your pet's microchip is not ISO compliant.
Rabies Certificate - Required - available from your veterinarian
Rabies Blood Titer Test - required when entering Northern Ireland from a high-rabies country
Delivery Options(select above)
Email - faster delivery - multiple copies can be printed if you are transporting more than one pet.
First Class Mail - we print instructions and forms and mail to you. There is a cost for printing and postage with this option.
It is our objective to prepare the traveling pet owner for all entry requirements that may arise as a result of traveling by air, sea or ground. Enforcement may not be consistent in every country or on every airline, and having proper documentation will better ensure that no problems will arise during your travels.
If you purchase our instructions and forms prior to 30 days before you travel, please check back with us to make sure there have been no changes in the rules or forms required to take your pet to Northern Ireland. All updated instructions and forms are provided by email free of charge.
We cannot offer refunds on pet passport packages unless there is a problem with the information or forms provided.
Have a crate for your pet already? Click here to update your pet crate to IATA standards.
Have a carrier for your pet already? Click here for pet pads and accessories.