Pet Passport Tenerife
If you are entering Tenerife with your dog, cat or ferret from a rabies-free country or rabies-controlled country, you will need to have your pet microchipped with a 15 digit ISO compliant pet microchip and vaccinated for rabies at least 21 days prior to entry*. If your pet's microchip is not ISO compliant, then you will need a microchip scanner.
A licensed veterinarian must complete the official EU Annex IV veterinary certificate. If you are transporting your pet dog or cat from the United States or Canada, the certificate must be sent to the USDA or CFIA for endorsement. If you are entering Spain from a different country, the instructions will advise you of the proper procedure.
Your pet passport package includes:
- Instructions for taking your pet to Tenerife
- Instructions to complete the health certificate
- Instructions for the rabies titer test (if required)
- Unlimited Email Support for you and your veterinarian
Also included at no additional cost are forms to import your cat or dog to Tenerife:
- The EU Annex IV Veterinary Certificate for Tenerife
- Instructions for completing the Annex IV Veterinary Certificate
- Declaration of non-commercial movement
- Microchip Certification
- Rabies Titer Test forms (if required)
- Inoculation Record - keep your pet's vaccinations in one place for easy customs clearance
- USDA or CFIA Information (US or Canada departures)
- Airline Health Certificate
- Pet Passport Folder - (Free with First Class Mail Delivery Options above) Click Here to View
If you are entering Tenerife from a high-rabies country, quarantine can be avoided by having a rabies titer test done after vaccination and 3 months prior to travel. You will need to select the option above for additional forms and instructions.
Your Tenerife pet passport is verified at the time of order.
If you will transport more than one pet traveling to Tenerife, additional forms can be self printed from the Email Attachment option.
It is our objective to prepare the traveling pet owner for all entry requirements that may arise as a result of traveling by air, sea or land. Enforcement may not be consistent in every country or on every airline and having proper documentation will better insure that no problems will arise during your travels.
If you purchase our instructions and forms prior to 30-45 days before you travel, please check back with us to make sure there have been no changes in the rules or forms required to take your pet into Tenerife. All updated instructions and forms are provided by email free of charge.
There are no refunds on pet immigration forms unless there is a problem with the information or forms provided.
More information about transporting a pet to Tenerife.
Have a crate for your pet already? Get only what you need to Update Your Pet Crate.