Pet Passport Costa Rica
The Pet Passport Store has been a trusted and reliable source of information and products for traveling pet owners for over 14 years. The information we provide in our passports is always the most current and accurate available. We have done the research for you.
This package contains information and detailed step by step instructions on importing your dog or cat to Costa Rica. If your pet is not traveling to Costa Rica, then you can select the country your pet is traveling to by clicking here.
Carefully following these instructions will make clearing customs easier and quicker. The instructions will also help to avoid having your pet denied entry, put into quarantine or returned to your country of origin.
What You Get:
- Detailed instructions to import your dog or cat to Costa Rica
- USDA endorsement instructions (for departures from the United States)
- USDA State Offices (for departures from the United States)
- CFIA Endorsement (for departures from Canada)
- CFIA Offices (for departures from Canada)
- Import Permit filing instructions (unaccompanied/air cargo)
- Airline Health Certificate instructions
- Airline Checklist
- FREE unlimited email support both for you and your veterinarian, should either of you have any questions.
Also included at no additional cost are forms for your pet to enter Costa Rica:
- Veterinary Health Certificate for Costa Rica (English version)
- Veterinary Health Certificate for Costa Rica (Spanish version)
- Import Permit (unaccompanied/air cargo pets)
- Ticks and Tapeworm Certificate
- Airline Health Certificate
- Inoculation Record - keep your pet's vaccination records in one place for easy customs clearance
- Pet Passport Folder - (Free with First Class Mail Delivery Options above) Click Here to View
Delivery Options (select above):
Email - faster delivery
First Class Mail - we print instructions and forms and mail to you. There is a cost for printing and postage with this option.
It is our objective to prepare the traveling pet owner for all entry requirements that may arise as a result of traveling by air, sea or ground. Enforcement may not be consistent in every country or on every airline, and having proper documentation will better ensure that no problems will arise during your travels.
If you purchase our instructions and forms prior to 30 days before you travel, please check back with us to make sure there have been no changes in the rules or forms required to take your pet to Costa Rica. All updated instructions and forms are provided by email free of charge.
We cannot offer refunds on pet passport packages unless there is a problem with the information or forms provided.
You may also need:
Have a crate for your pet already? Click here to update your pet crate to IATA standards.
Have a carrier for your pet already? Click here for pet pads and accessories.
Is your pet microchipped? It should be when traveling internationally. Click here for ISO 11784/11785 compliant pet microchips.
Road tripping all over the US before we head off to Costa Rica. Enjoyed Mardi Gras time! Thank you Pet Travel Store!
Seems to have all of the paperwork I need for my service dog to travel with me to Costa Rica... Thank you...