This package contains information and detailed step-by-step instructions and required forms to import your dog or cat to the United States from any country. If your pet is not traveling to the United States, then you can select the country your pet is traveling to by clicking here. This package does not include instructions for Hawaii, Guam and Puerto Rico - (click on the country to see regulations).
Carefully following these instructions will make clearing customs in the United States easier and quicker. The instructions will also help to avoid having your pet denied entry, put into quarantine or returned to your country of origin.
The Pet Passport Store has been a trusted and reliable source of information and products for traveling pet owners for over 14 years. The information we provide in our passports is always the most current and accurate available. We have done the research for you.
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR DOGS ENTERING OR RETURNING TO THE UNITED STATES: Effective July 14, 2021, the Center for Disease Control imposed additional restrictions on dogs entering the United States after having been in countries classified by the Center for Disease Control as having a high risk of rabies anytime within the past 6 months. This temporary suspension will not affect individuals importing dogs from countries with low-risk or no-known risk for dog rabies.
What You Get with the United States Pet Passport:
- Detailed instructions on importing your dog or cat to the United States from any country
- Veterinary Health Certificate Instructions
- Required Vaccinations
- Microchip Identification (dogs from high-rabies countries)
- Important Information for CDC requirements for dogs entering the US from high-rabies countries
- Inoculation Record Instructions
- Carrier and Crate Requirements
- Tips on Flying a Pet Internationally
- FREE unlimited email support both for you and your veterinarian, should either of you have any questions
Also included at no additional cost are the necessary forms for bringing your pet to the United States:
- Veterinary Health Certificate for the United States if entering from a non-rabies country or
- Veterinary Health Certificate for the United States if entering from a high-rabies country
- Rabies Vaccination and Microchip Record
- Airline Health Certificate
- Inoculation Record - keep your pet's vaccinations in one place for easy customs clearance
- Pet Passport Folder - (Free with First Class Mail Delivery Options above) Click Here to View
Delivery Options (select above):
Email - faster delivery - multiple copies can be printed if you are transporting more than one pet.
First Class Mail - we print instructions and forms and mail to you. There is a cost for printing and postage with this option.
It is our objective to prepare the traveling pet owner for all entry requirements that may arise as a result of traveling by air, sea or ground. Enforcement may not be consistent in every country or on every airline, and having proper documentation will better ensure that no problems will arise during your travels.
If you purchase our instructions and forms prior to 30 days before you travel, please check back with us to make sure there have been no changes in the rules or forms required to take your pet to the United States. All updated instructions and forms are provided by email free of charge.
We cannot offer refunds on pet passport packages unless there is a problem with the information or forms provided.
You may also need:
Have a crate for your pet already? Click here to update your pet crate to IATA standards.
Have a carrier for your pet already? Click here for pet pads and accessories.
Is your pet microchipped? It should be when traveling internationally. Click here for ISO 11784/11785 compliant pet microchips.
|From one of our customers leaving the United States with her pet: When I was at the USDA getting the pups certified for export there were 3 other people there. Each one had huge difficulties with the wrong documents and other snafus that cost days of time and hundreds of extra dollars! (hotels, new vets, etc).
The man came to the counter with my documents an hour earlier than they projected and I was READY TO GO! Everything was perfect. Everything y’all sent was pretty straightforward and easy. Thank you!!