This package contains information and detailed step by step instructions on importing your dog or cat to Hawaii. If your pet is not traveling to Hawaii, then you can select the country your pet is traveling to by clicking here.
Carefully following these instructions will make clearing customs easier and quicker. The instructions will also help to avoid having your pet denied entry, put into quarantine or returned to your country of origin.
Effective July 14, 2021, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) imposed a temporary ban on dogs* entering or reentering the United States (including Hawaii) after having been in countries classified by the World Organization of Animal Health as having a high risk of rabies (see below) anytime within the past 6 months. This includes dogs who have resided in, have visited, or have cleared customs and entered a high-rabies country within 6 months of import. Dogs intending to enter the US from these countries will not be permitted entry without an import permit from the CDC.
What You Get:
- Detailed instructions on importing your pet to Hawaii
- CFIA endorsement instructions (departures from Canada)
- CFIA Offices (departures from Canada)
- Titer test instructions and laboratories
- Parasite treatment instructions
- Inoculation Record Instructions
- Carrier and Crate Requirements
- Tips on Flying a Pet Internationally
- FREE unlimited email support for both for you and your veterinarian, should either of you have any questions.
Also included at no additional cost are forms to transport your pet to Hawaii:
- Veterinary Health Certificate for Hawaii
- Import Notification Form
- Rabies Blood Titer Test Forms
- Ticks and Tapeworm Certificate
- Microchip Certificate
- Airline Health Certificate
- Inoculation Record - keep your pet's vaccinations in one place for easy customs clearance
- Pet Passport Folder - (Free with First Class Mail Delivery Options above) Click Here to View
Delivery Options (select above):
Email - faster delivery - multiple copies can be printed if you traveling with more than one pet.
First Class Mail - we print instructions and forms and mail to you. There is a cost for printing and postage with this option.
Is your pet microchipped? Your dog or cat must be microchipped to enter Hawaii. Click here for ISO 11784/11785 compliant pet microchips.
It is our objective to prepare the traveling pet owner for all entry requirements that may arise as a result of traveling by air, sea or ground. Enforcement may not be consistent in every country or on every airline, and having proper documentation will better ensure that no problems will arise during your travels.
If you purchase our instructions and forms prior to 30 days before you travel, please check back with us to make sure there have been no changes in the rules or forms required to take your pet to Hawaii. All updated instructions and forms are provided by email free of charge.
We cannot offer refunds on pet passport packages unless there is a problem with the information or forms provided.
You may also need:
Have a crate for your pet already? Click here to update your pet crate to IATA standards.
Have a carrier for your pet already? Click here for pet pads and accessories.