Pet Crate - Extra Large
Limited time only -FREE pouch with purchase to protect your pet's documents.
Petmate Sky Kennels - IATA compliant. Classic design. Safe for both auto and airline travel.
This crate is appropriate for pets measuring as follows:
- Length from tip of nose to BASE of tail + half of length of front leg is equal to or less than 36" (91.4 cm)
- Width across shoulders x 2 is equal to or less than 23" (58.4 cm)
- Height from top of head (or tips of ears if erect) to ground is equal to or less than 25" (63.5 cm)
Click here for more instructions on HOW TO MEASURE YOUR PET.
If your pet exceeds the height requirement by 3" or less, then you may want to consider crate extensions.
Exterior Dimensions: 40"L x 27"W x 30"H
Weight: 27 pounds
Included with crate: heavy duty plastic locking fasteners as well as Live Animal stickers and water/food bowl (shipped separately).
Refer to our CRATE SIZING CHART if you need a different size pet crate.
- Fully IATA compliant
- Strong and durable with superior ventilation on all sides
- Spring lock door with iron check pin for security
- Superior ventilation on all sides
- Easy assembly - no tools required
- Ergonomic edges for easy handling
- Available in dark gray
The crate does not include a pet carrier pad, however, you can add one to your order at a $4.00 discount. Pet crate accessories sold separately are available for all sizes of crates:
- Crate Hardware - for extra security of metal hardware instead of plastic fasteners. Please check ADD HARDWARE to your crate order (above)
- Crate Pet Pads- recommended for long trips - add a PoochPad or a Self Warming pad to your order for a $4.00 discount
- Crate Accessory Kits - includes hardware, cable ties, live animal stickers and more
- Larger Crate Bowls - non-spill bowls offer more capacity than stock food/water bowls included in our crates
- Larger Crate Buckets - stainless steel bowls that will hold up to 48 ounces of food or water for large, thirsty dogs
- Crate Water Bottle - even more capacity for hydration on longer trips
- Pet Passport Pouch - keep your pet's documentation attached to your crate safely and securely - FREE WITH PURCHASE! Select color above.
**NOTE: Airlines such as United, Northwest, Delta, and Horizon Air require hardware (steel nuts and bolts) instead of plastic locking fasteners. Please check ADD HARDWARE to your crate order (above) if you need the metal hardware to satisfy your airline requirements.
|SHIPPING: No expedited shipping is available for this item. Flat rate shipping cost via Ground Shipping is $90.00.
We regret that we cannot ship the large, extra large or giant sized crates to a Post Office Box, military address or an address outside of the continental United States.
Please allow seven full business days (not including Sundays/Saturdays/Holidays) after the order is placed for delivery. Orders for the extra large crate should be placed before 1:00PM EST for items to ship the same day.
Not all aircraft can accommodate an extra large crate. Check with your airline before purchasing.
*****ADHERES TO ALL IATA REQUIREMENTS FOR LIVE ANIMAL TRANSPORT*****
Is this crate not the right size for your pet? Find other pet crates
Your pet can be featured on our website! Tell us how you used our products, share your pet travel stories with other pet owners and be entered to win a $200 gift certificate! Quick and easy! https://webapp.rivet.works/collector/pettravelstore/pettravelstore-share-story
Very Good ATA500 Crate For Air Cargo Hold Except For...
Posted by Cliff Michael on 5th Dec 2016
This is a very large ATA500 Class kennel/crate, which is approved for airline transport for a large animal. I ordered the extra-cost metal hardware because the airlines demand metal instead of plastic assembly hardware. I used this crate for a German Sheppard, which technically did not meet all of the body clearance specifications for this size crate; the airline would have been within its rights to decline its passage because dog was a few inches larger than is recommended for this crate. Unfortunately, any crate larger than ATA500 will not fit on most domestic airline cargo hold equipment; the dog would have had to go air freight instead and that's a bigger hassle. The crate is very well built, especially with metal hardware to compliment it. I would have given it 5-stars except for it was a royal pain-in-the-neck to move it around the airport grounds (this ATA500 crate weighs 35-pounds without animal loaded). There are no hand grips or handles of any kind to carry or lift it. It was extraordinarily difficult to move crate, luggage, and dog from SUV rental lot, load onto bus-to-terminal ride, and finally to airline check-in counter; never mind moving and lifting with animal loaded by TSA personnel for inspection and loading and unloading from aircraft. Except for that great difficulty of transport, it is, otherwise, a very good value.