Pet Crate - Large
Limited time only -FREE pouch with purchase to protect your pet's documents.
Petmate Sky Kennels - IATA compliant. Classic design. Safe for both auto and airline travel.
If you want the safest manufactured crate for your pet, this is the one you need.
This crate is appropriate for pets measuring as follows:
- Length from tip of nose to BASE of tail + half of length of front leg is equal to or less than 32" (81.3 cm)
- Width across shoulders x 2 is equal to or less than 22" (56 cm)
- Height from top of head (or tips of ears if erect) to ground is equal to or less than 26" (66 cm)
Click here for more instructions on HOW TO MEASURE YOUR PET.
Crate Size: Large (Series 400)
Crate Weight: 18.5 lbs (8.4 kg)
Exterior Dimensions: 35.5 x 25 x 28 in (90 x 63.5 x 71 cm)
Interior Dimension 1: 32 x 22 x 26 in (81 x 55.9 x 66 cm)
Interior Dimension 2: 27.5 x 18.25 x 26 in (70 x 46.4 x 66 cm)
Interior Dimension 1 is the measurement at the middle of the crate. Interior Dimension 2 is taken at the floor and also the top of the crate. All measurements are LENGTH X WIDTH X HEIGHT
Included with crate: Plastic locking fasteners, Live Animal stickers, and water/food bowl.
Refer to our CRATE SIZING CHART if you need a different size pet crate.
- Fully IATA compliant
- Strong and durable with superior ventilation on all sides
- Spring lock door with iron check pin for security
- Superior ventilation on all sides
- Easy assembly - no tools required
- Ergonomic edges for easy handling
- Available in dark gray
The crate does not include a pet carrier pad, however, you can add one to your order at a $4.00 discount. Pet crate accessories sold separately are available for all sizes of crates:
- Crate Hardware - for extra security of metal hardware instead of plastic fasteners. Please check ADD HARDWARE to your crate order (above)
- Crate Pet Pads- recommended for long trips - add a PoochPad or a Self Warming pad to your order for a $4.00 discount
- Crate Accessory Kits - includes hardware, cable ties, live animal stickers and more
- Larger Crate Bowls - non-spill bowls offer more capacity than stock food/water bowls included in our crates
- Larger Crate Buckets - stainless steel bowls that will hold up to 48 ounces of food or water for large, thirsty dogs
- Crate Water Bottle - even more capacity for hydration on longer trips
- Pet Passport Pouch - keep your pet's documentation attached to your crate safely and securely - FREE WITH PURCHASE! Select color above.
**NOTE: Airlines such as United, Northwest, Delta, and Horizon Air require hardware (steel nuts and bolts) instead of plastic locking fasteners. Please check ADD HARDWARE to your crate order (above) if you need the metal hardware to satisfy your airline requirements.
|SHIPPING: Ground shipping only. Expedited shipping is not available for this item.
We regret that we cannot ship the large,extra large or giant sized crates to a Post Office Box, military address or an address outside of the continental United States.
Please allow six full business days (not including Sundays/Saturdays/Holidays) after the order is placed for delivery. Orders for the large crate should be placed before 1:00PM EST for items to ship the same day.
*****ADHERES TO ALL IATA REQUIREMENTS FOR LIVE ANIMAL TRANSPORT*****
Is this crate not the right size for your pet? Find other pet crates
I went online and reviewed quite a few products and based on reviews, size, metal nuts and bolts and accessories I bought the Large and Medium sized of this crate for my two dogs to travel to Maui. I'll update after we fly. In the meantime I will say they are both sturdy and I'm happy with them. The L size does not have a handle on the top which is good as it will mean 2 handlers will lift it keeping it more stable. The L arrived with a cracked and broken top and the company were quick to ship a replacement when I emailed a photo of the damage. I bought the padded waterproof liners which are comfy, and the water bottles which I'm not too happy with - one tends to leak and I don't want my dog wet and cold during the flight so I won't be using it. I'll freeze water in the water tray overnight instead. I've left the tops off with the padded liner inside and we are using them as dog beds before we fly so the dogs are accustomed to them and they are their safe place, plus it will smell right by the time we fly. I'm going to put the dogs into them and in the back of my SUV and take them to the airport area with the windows down so they become accustomed to the noise of planes before we fly too.
We also bought reuseable plastic ties online so we can make sure the doors are triple closed.
The first carrier we received was cracked on the upper right-hand corner. The company was kind enough to replace it immediately, but it gave one pause to think one would entrust one's pet's safety to a carrier that could crack in shipping. We were assured by the Pet Travel Store that only 1 in 5000 crack in shipment. Unfortunately, we were the one!
I bought this crate for taking my dog on an international flight. I'm impressed with the build. There are many screws and 4 corner tying points provided to secure the crate with great metal only screw accessories. This crate satisfies the IATA standards. All around, I highly recommend it.